Newport and Chill: A Digital Live-Streamed Telethon!
Why Netflix and Chill when you can NEWPORT and Chill during this quarantine?! Support some of your favorite Chicago shows and producers by consuming some great art on this forced vacation.
We're bringing you a vintage telethon to raise funds to keep the Newport Theater open so we can give back to artists!
Catch some of the resident producers at the Newport Theater perform for you live in your living room, while Bazuka Joe and Eva la Feva act as your telethon hosts. In between pop-up performances, we'll be highlighting artists and shows that you can support during this time when the arts scene is getting hit hard by job loss.
Click "Going" to ensure you get all the notifications!
If you want to donate, you can do so here:
As a non-profit committed to supporting artists, we understand how critical it is for artists to have avenues to make money during times like these. So many of the artists and producers that work at our theater work full-time as artists/freelancers/gig-based work, and they are facing an unprecedented period where they cannot pay rent, bills, and more after losing thousands of dollars of work in the matter of days.
At our theater, we have a professional-grade live-streaming camera, a high-end computer built for streaming, and a professional sound/mic system. This equipment allows us to stream live or record/store content.
It's our goal to provide this equipment to artists at an affordable rate so that artist can try to create content they can monetize for personal use. However, we are a business that relies heavily on drink sales and rent from stage productions to pay our bills. Here's where you come in.
The funds raised here will go toward keeping our establishment open for the next few months. In exchange, we will do everything in our power to provide these services to artists as long as we are safely able to.
How we are working to keep artists safe:
- Requiring all to wash hands upon entry and frequently onsite.
- Limiting size of people onsite to follow CDC guidelines.
- No non-essential patrons allowed onsite
- Sanitizing before, during, and after every cast group.
- We are advising performers apply as much makeup as possible at home. We're asking performers to utilize our two dressing rooms to maximize their distance from one another
- We're asking anyone exhibiting even a single symptom to err on the side of caution and stay home
- Asking performers to limit handshake/hugs/close proximity/physical contact.